It was a quick process to cut the tops and bottoms out of my two barrels with a Sawzall (I'm still trying to figure out what I can do with those cut out pieces).
|Cutting the tops out of two barrels|
|Cutting the bottoms out of two barrels, don't forget to leave that lip!|
Now I had to drill the actual holes to bolt these two barrels together, I needed at least three bolts to hold these together, but the way I saw it, no matter how carefully I measured there was almost no way all three would end up matching. I'd been hard at work for almost 5 minutes by this time, so I sat down in an almost comfy lawn chair to rest while I thought about how I was going to drill those holes.
After some intense lawn-chair-sitting-thinkerating, I decided to start by drilling three holes in one barrel, then I would eyeball the first hole in the other barrel, put the first bolt in, and drill the other two holes.
|Drilling a hole so I can try to bolt these two barrels together|
|Getting ready to crawl/pull/drag myself into the barrel to bolt it all together after I drill a couple more holes|
|All bolted together with a bunch of holes drilled in the sides|
After I build a couple more fish barrel habitats, I'll have a fish barrel habitat sinking fest on the farm ponds, then I can start taking credit for each and every fish caught out of the ponds from now to doomsday.
My fishing mantra from now on is going to be, "Don't forget, if it wasn't for all those barrel habitats I put in the ponds back in '14, there wouldn't be any fish in these ponds today."